About Koru Specialist
Koru – Specialist Services is a specialist FASD and Trauma Informed private practice that serves the neurodevelopmental diverse population. Koru provides screening, diagnostic assessment, prevention, training and therapeutic intervention. Koru’s multi-disciplinary team offers evidence based, child-centred, family-focused and culturally appropriate specialist services. We are dedicated to hope, healing and growth of the clients we serve. Koru has a culture of high performance, learning, best practice and clinical excellence.
Koru’s multi-disciplinary team works collaboratively with a range of professionals from governmental and non-governmental organisations. A collaborative approach is taken to include input from all staff and our organisation endeavours to make each employee feel like a valued member of the team.
Koru – Specialist Services is not your traditional private practice and promise you the opportunity to grow.
About the Role
We are seeking a registered Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist dedicated to providing high-quality professional psychological services to a diverse client group. A flexible, innovative and dynamic approach is essential in this fast pace environment. Ideally, you will have experience with a broad range of conditions and assessments including (applicants with strong interest would be considered):
- Complex Neuro-Behavioural Development Conditions
- Administration, interpretation, formulation and reporting on a wide range of psychometric assessments
- Neurosequential therapeutic approach to clinical problem solving
- Trauma-informed practice
- Therapeutic approaches
- Liaison with multi-disciplinary team
- Culturally sensitive practice
- Conduct comprehensive assessments, case formulation and therapeutic interventions employing principles of evidence-based practice and person-centred approaches that are developmentally sensitive and trauma-informed
- Design, deliver and evaluate personalised treatment plans and programmes
- Administration, interpretation and reporting of a range of psychometric assessments
- Deliver training and professional development programmes
- Provide therapeutic intervention
- An interest in developing a FASD/ Trauma Informed specialisation
If you are looking for somewhere to pursue your passion and make a difference, then join Koru’s multi-disciplinary team! This is an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and awareness of the cultural practices, values and issues that affect New Zealand people in today’s society, to make a real difference in the community.
Koru has two offices, one based on the North Shore, Auckland and one in Christchurch city and we deliver services across the North and South Islands of New Zealand. Extensive travel may be required. You will report to the Clinical Director in our Specialist Team.
Benefits and perks
- National and international professional development
- A competitive remuneration package
- Supportive environment
- Diversity of work
- Supervision and mentoring
- Opportunity to work in various settings
- Access to a fleet vehicle
- iPhone and laptop
Skills and experience
- Passion, respect and integrity
- Genuine interest in providing clinical services to assist neurodevelopmental diverse clients
- Full registration as a psychologist with the New Zealand Psychologist Board
- Current driver’s License and ability to travel for work
- FASD interest and knowledge are highly desirable
- Knowledge of Neurosequential therapeutic approach is highly desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organisation and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Apply now. A criminal history check will be conducted on the recommended persons for these positions.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Dr Elda Botes, Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of experience do you have as a clinical psychologist?
- Are you currently registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?